Log4j 2 Implementation
The Log4j 2 implementation provides the functional components of the logging system.
Users are free to create their own plugins and include them in the logging configuration.
Log4j 2 requires Java 6. Some features may require optional
dependencies. These dependencies are specified in the
documentation for those features.
- JSON configuration requires the Jackson Data Processor.
- Async Loggers require the LMAX Disruptor.
- SMTPAppender requires Javax Mail.
- JMSQueueAppender and JMSTopicAppender require a JMS implementation like
- Windows color support requires Jansi.
- The JDBC Appender requires a JDBC driver for the database you choose to write events to.
- The JPA Appender requires the Java Persistence API classes, a JPA provider implementation,
and a decorated entity that the user implements. It also requires an appropriate JDBC driver.
- The NoSQL Appender with MongoDB provider requires the MongoDB Java Client driver.
- The NoSQL Appender with Apache CouchDB provider requires the LightCouch CouchDB client library.
- The NoSQL Appender can be customized with a user-supplied provider, which will require the
appropriate client library.